This Blog Is Officially CLOSED. . .

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dear Fast Food Sales Representative. . .

. . . I realize for our state's minimum wage of $6.85/hr, I cannot expect a PowerPoint presentation of my menu choices or any free upgrades. However, I do feel it is reasonable to expect that I will not have to compete for your attention with your Blue Tooth conversation with you friend about how "BITCHIN" your date was last night. I also feel I'm within my rightful expectations to be greeted cordially and perhaps even get a smile while you take the money from my hand that pays your wages. . . If I am wrong in this expectation, please accept my sincere apologies for wasting your valuable time and causing you any undue mental anguish. . . I'll try to be more respectful next time. . . Not that there WILL be a next time, but I felt compelled to make you feel better about yourself. . .

Also, you might wish to pass this suggestion along to the Sandwich Assembly Engineers. . . It is generally accepted that the protien portion of a sandwich (beef, ham, chicken, fish, cheese etc.) and requested condiments be evenly distributed between the upper and lower portion of the grain-based delivery substrate (aka bun). Attempting to consume a sandwich in which the proper alignment of the sandwich components exceeds 50% misalignment does not meet generally accepted quality standards and makes for an extremely messy dining experience. If this is, again, an unrealistic expectation, please accept my sincere apologies. It was not my intent to be overly critical of your work skills. . . I know you'll understand completely when the new bright red car you parents buy for you comes with one blue door. . .

Respectfully yours,

Lauren

The bitchy customer. . . .

cc: US Postal Service employees, grocery store cashiers, bank tellers, car wash attendants, pharmacy technicians and any other customer service representatives who may see this. . .


Posted by Lauren :: 9:06 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment